- It’s within walking distance of my home, so I get to burn off some of the calories on the way there and a cheap taxi home means I get to enjoy their extensive wine list.
- They have a yummy cocktail menu and make a mean Bloody Mary (if you’re so inclined).
- Love the huge “Alice in Wonderland” armchairs.
- Love the East meets West philosophy.
- Love the open-plan kitchen.
- Love, love, love the oysters with lemon tabasco snow (inspired).
- Love the seafood chowder. So delicious I could eat it every day.
- It’s great value for money. A 7-course tasting menu for only R265 per person (some of the largest tasting portions I’ve ever seen). There are so many delicious options on the tasting menu, that you can return again and again until you’ve found your perfect meal.
- Said tasting menu gets changed seasonally, so you get to start over in choosing that perfect meal.
- The service is always outstanding.
Can’t wait for my next visit to try their Summer 2013 menu. Have already decided on the Smoked Trout Ceviche, Lamb and Pineapple Green Curry, Chilled Avo Soup, Pancetta Risotto, Ginger & Lime Sorbet, Cheehou Beef and Fudge Cheesecake.
Now if only choosing the friends to invite along was that easy
Vineyard Hotel & Spa, 60 Colinton Road, Newlands, Cape Town
T: +27 21 657 4545
F: +27 21 657 4543
Open Tuesday to Saturday for
Lunch: 11:30am – 15:00pm
Dinner: 19:00pm – 22:30pm